One Community Foundation Kirklees is an independent team of local experts who use community connections to put donations to work through a growing network of over 2,500 Kirklees-based charities and community organisations. Our mission is to make a difference where it matters.
Job Title: Senior GrantsOfficer
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: grants team staff and volunteers.
Salary: up to £27,000, 3% pension contribution.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday.
Contract Term: Permanent. The post is subject to a three-month probationary period.
Annual leave pro rata 25 plus statutory holidays.
Place of Work Huddersfield Office. Flexible working options can be discussed
however the position will require at least 3 days per week in the office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and review the grant processes and procedures operating on the basis of continuous improvement.
• Work with the Marketing Department to ensure that the local voluntary and
community sector is aware of funding opportunities available through the Foundation whilst maintaining quality access to all eligible applicants. This will include presenting opportunities in person at Meet the Grantmaker events and events in partnership with the Local Infrastructure body.
• Ensure the implementation of the grants assessment process is followed, along with the team managing and performing the due diligence checks, and providing an assessment of the applications including giving guidance to the panel (in line with the grants assessment process) on applications to a portfolio of programmes and process the outcomes.
• Implement monitoring and evaluating systems to inform grants panels and enable the production of donor profiles and grant stories for both internal
and external use.
• Liaise with the finance director to track grant expenditure against agreed headings and ensure that programmes are delivered within the agreed
• Induct new grants panel members.
Grants Team Management
• To manage the Grants Team, ensure that members have manageable workloads and are supported in their work.
• Via appraisal and regular one-to-one work to ensure that Grants Team staff are working towards personal work targets.
• To ensure that there are regular Grants team meetings to ensure good comms and effective running of programmes.
• To operate on the basis of continuous improvement and bring forward ideas to improve the work of the organisation make the best use of resources and suggest new resources, hardware and software to ensure this.
• Represent the grants team at national grants meetings with our membership body UKCF and feedback to the grants team and the CEO.
• When successful, be responsible for setting up and managing any new funding programme with the Grants Team, that is secured; and ensure that robust monitoring and evaluation takes place. Set up web journeys for applications on Salesforce (Applications and Evaluations)
To apply please email your cv to Emma@one-community.org.uk