the Community Foundation for the people of Kirklees.
At present, we are ONLY responding to emergency applications, and cannot accept requests to counter the loss of income due to the pandemic at this stage. However, we are building up a list of charities who require this type of funding so that we can react quickly if the NET criteria changes or other support becomes available in the future.
To register your interest in this kind of funding, please email email@example.com, please state your organisation name, main contact and phone number and a brief (100 word maximum) description of your situation and level of financial support you are looking for.
How to apply for funding
One Community Foundation understands the impact that the Coronavirus will have upon communities. With this in mind, the Foundation, and its donors, have come together to provide a response to the growing emergency. We are keen to make sure that the organisations helping those most affected get the support that they need, so have launched a Coronavirus Emergency Fund in partnership with NET (National Emergencies Trust).
How much can you apply for?
£5,000 for charitable organisations,
£10,000 for Hubs/Anchor organisations (including those supporting Mutual Aid groups).
Currently we are awarding grants for a period to mirror government shielding guidelines, this may change as government guidance changes. Please note: we aim to make payments very quickly from this fund - therefore please follow these requests:
If you have applied before: Only upload a copy of your most recent bank statement. It must show your group name, sort code and account number
If you are applying to us for the first time: We will need a constitution, at least three trustees not related and not at same address (a copy of the dated and signed document) and your most recent bank statement.
If you are applying to us for the first time and have no bank statement: we will require another organisation to hold the funding for you - constitution and bank statement required (from the 'holding' organisation).
PLEASE NOTE we are prioritising the following groups and activities for immediate relief:
This means that grants need to be awarded to help organisations respond to the immediate needs experienced by groups to the Covid-19 crisis. For example:
You can apply again if your project/activity runs short of funds.
Who is eligible to apply?
Voluntary and community organisations, including but not limited to:
▪ registered charities, including charitable incorporated organisations
▪ constituted organisations and non-registered charities
▪ community interest companies and community benefit societies
▪ parish and town councils (if the funded activity is not deemed part of their statutory duties)
▪ Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs)
▪ Churches and other religious organisations (if the funded activity is not deemed to be proselytising).
NOT ELIGIBLE UNDER THIS PROGRAMME
▪ Grants that are solely for the provision of bursaries to individuals or families cannot be awarded. However, other provisions such as emergency food parcels or other items can be purchased and distributed to their beneficiaries. For example, foodbanks that are low on supplies of specific items.
▪ Statutory bodies such as city and county councils or health institutions cannot apply
We are not able to make grants to individuals – if you are looking for a grant for an individual please search for support at Turn2Us.
If you are not sure if your project is eligible please email Emma@one-community.org.uk
Please fill out an application form, by clicking on the link below, and let us know your plans.